Saturday, June 25, 2016

Fairy Lantern

So,  I saw this DIY video on Facebook that shows how to make a fairy lantern from an old glass jar..  So I came up with a paper version.  I love my Silhouette cutting machine!  I don't think I'm allowed to post the pattern since it came from designs from the Silhouette store but here's the finished night-light.




I didn't want my kids to be constantly taking the top off the base every time they wanted to light it up (the tutorial uses a battery operated flamless candle) so I adapted it for a plug-in night light:
I cut a notch out of the side of the base (I also had to cut a notch out of the lantern too) and cut a piece of wood the size of the base and cut out the shape of the extension cord that I plugged the night light into.  Now, to turn the light on the cord only needs to be plugged in!  

This fairy that I used is a compilation of two images I found in the internet..


The Silhouette Store cut files I used are:
Fairy With Wand #55784
Lantern #108847
Garden Gate #39123
Leaf #75959
Lilly of the Valley Lantern #134870





No comments:

Post a Comment